Reproduced from the Original OHSCTA Web Site (http://ohscta.tripod.com/id58.html)
OHSCTA Online Voting Procedures
- Preliminary discussion is open to anyone on the Yahoo group list, even those ineligible to vote.
- Once an issue comes to a vote, called for by the Executive Secretary, all discussion stops.
- Only schools listed on the website may vote.
- The designated coach or advisor may vote for their school (only one vote per school).
- A coach or advisor may only vote for one school (even if they advise more than one school).
- Votes are made, via email, by stating: “School Name” votes Yes, “School Name” votes No or “School Name” abstains.
- Votes may be sent to the general population or privately to the Executive Secretary, or their designee.
- Voting will end one week from the time it begins (unless otherwise stated by the Executive Secretary).
- At the end of voting, the results will be tallied and reported to the membership. All those who voted will be considered present for the vote. A minimum of 12 schools must vote for an issue to pass by a 2/3 majority.
- Voting records will be maintained by the Executive Secretary, or their designee.